Gardner not only builds physical spaces, but we are also part of building up the communities we serve through active community involvement, board service and philanthropy. We support organizations that promote physical and emotional well-being, education, the arts, environment and public policy.
“We are here to work in the community and try to do good. It’s our obligation and our duty to create a better place, a better community, a better world for future generations.”
— Christian Gardner, CEO
Mark Murdoch, a partner at Gardner, reads with students at the Guadalupe School in Utah’s Rose Park neighborhood. The school is focused on literacy for students of Hispanic and Latino heritage.
INTERMOUNTAIN KEM C. GARDNER PATIENT TRANSFORMATION CENTER
From cancer research to early childhood mental health to the Intermountain Kem C. Gardner Patient Transformation Center, health care is a focus of Gardner Group’s philanthropy.
HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
From Boise State to the higher education institutions in Utah, we support many scholarship programs.
UNIVERSITY OF UTAH
The Gardner family has sponsored several buildings including the Kem and Carolyn Gardner Commons and the Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute at the University of Utah.
HOMELESS RESOURCE CENTERS
Gardner helped build three homeless resource centers in Salt Lake City, which provide meals, lodging and social service for those experiencing unfortunate circumstances.
Clean air, clean energy and preservation of historic places and open spaces are priorities for the Gardner Group.
Gardner gives throughout our communities
We support organizations that promote physical and emotional well-being, education, the arts, environment and public policy.
- Utah Symphony
- Utah Valley University Concert Hall
- Mormon Art
- Intermountain Health
- Diabetes Association
- Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Primary Promise Campaign
- Huntsman Mental Health
- The Children’s Center
- Ann Romney MS
- Charity Vision
- St. Luke’s Hospital
- K-12 school sponsorships
- Ron McBride Foundation
- Idaho Business for Education
- Salt Lake Community College Scholarships
- Weber State University Scholarships
- Boise State University Scholarships
- University of Utah
- Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute
- Honors College
- Washington D.C. intern housing
- Music Chair Ellen Barnes chamber choir
- Basketball facility
- Utah Clean Energy
- Teton Park Foundation
- Forever Zions National Park
- Utah Land Conservancy
- Idaho Business for Outdoors
- United Way of Salt Lake
- United Way of Treasure Valley
- Chambers of Commerce
- Economic Development Corporation of Utah (EDCU)
- Utah Days of ‘47 Rodeo
- The Homeless Resource Center
- Utah Youth Village foster care
- Family Promise of Ogden, homeless shelter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Boise Chamber of Commerce
- Boys & Girls Club
- Faces of Hope Victim Center
- Women’s and Children Alliance: Domestic Violence Support
- Idaho Food Bank
- Boise Pride
- Ada County Highway District
- Boise Valley Economic Partnership (BVEP)